Wednesday, April 2, 2008

'Super Cool ' Laptop Doctor


My fever and my attempt to save money made me to lookout for any free technology online that can help me measure my temperature and perform some routine tests to help my diagnosis.(This is what your expenses in the US can do to you- make you sound insane). Though my search for an online thermometer and an online lab( an interesting business idea) didn't lead me anywhere it did open a door of hope when I read an article on a Laptop that could do a heart scan, abdomen scan and even a pregnancy test.

The system developed by an Indian firm runs on a standard Apple Macintosh laptop computer, which is integrated with a fusion processor and a unique, custom-designed, integrated ultrasound chip set.

The familiar Windows graphical user interface makes the system intuitive and easy to use. The laptop is designed for general, vascular, and breast imaging, interventional radiology, image-guided intervention, endocrinology, laparoscopy, neuro-sonography and nephrology.

The laptop has collar Doppler for better imaging of a total body scan and weighs around three kilograms. The price varies between $30,000 and $80,000, depending on the type of configuration a doctor wants.

May be I didn't get what I wanted but certainly looks like I might in the near future. This laptop is just a beginning of more things to follow. In the super fast lane this device can save you a lot of money and keep you healthy. May be for now they can start of by adding a thermometer.

Thanks,
Vikas

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

its good if de laptop can analyse our problem by tat we not only save our time bt also save load of money {especially in USA as DR leave us penny less}...
thank you vikas for telling us abt de upcoming technologies in de world...