Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Gmail's april Fool joke- Google Time machine


Gmail, being a part of Google, invents really convincing and innovative April Fool jokes every year. Last year they came up with Gmail Paper — a service that allows you order printed copies of mails in your inbox along with attachments and this year they have again amused us with Gmail Custom Time.

Given their technical superiority I was really fooled in by Gmail. For a guy like me who always misses out on important dates it was something I would love to have. But was really disappointed to learn that it was just a joke.

But what if Google did really come out with this application. The consequences would be difficult to think of. I can only think of one word at this time - chaos. But still an application like this could open up other opportunities. A limited version of this application wherein you can only date back your birthday, anniversary greetings would make a lot of sense. I am sure I am not the only one who would love to have such an application(Save my face when I forget my wedding anniversary) . Is Yahoo, Microsoft listening ?

1 comment:

Abijith Devatha said...

I agree.

Google with its web portal 'orkut' tried to lure the public on April Fool's day by intentionally renaming orkut as 'yogurt', which got me (for a few minutes) and a lot of other people fooled on the d-day.